Wakefield Mumbler is an online one-stop-shop for parents
A family focused business network has launched in the city to help SME's reach their target market.
Wakefield Mumbler is an online community which supports families by providing relevant local information for free. At its core Mumbler is about supporting local families and bringing together parents and carers from across the district in the hope of creating a sense of community for families in Wakefield and a safe place to discuss all things about family-life.
Founder of Wakefield Mumbler, Heather Sweeney said:
"I'm so excited to launch the Mumbler website and community in Wakefield.
"As a mum myself I know the daily challenges that parents face plus the added juggle of running a business.
"So I'm really passionate about making wakefield.mumbler.co.uk a place where families can easily access the local information they need and to find a welcoming platform where they are free to ask for recommendations for groups, services, advice for family problems, ideas for days out and everything else in between.
"In turn supporting the local economy and showcasing the best businesses in the city.
"I hope Mumbler will take the stress out of family life for others in Wakefield, as it did for me as a new mum in Harrogate."
The social media savvy mum-of-one who is from Barnsley also works part-time as a teacher as well as running her new Mumbler business, which is already proving popular.
She said: "I'm so pleased with how quickly Mumbler is growing.
"I'm getting lots of great feedback and I hope every parent in the city will join us no matter what your situation."
As part of Wakefield Mumbler Mrs Sweeney launched the business network group for businesses that are suited to a family market.
"I meet so many parents that have set up their own businesses or become franchisees in the hope of finding a way to balance family life with work. I created the business network to help support other parents like me."
For more information, visit: wakefield.mumbler.co.uk
For press enquiries:
Contact: Sophie Hale
E: [email protected]
--------------------------- ENDS ---------------------------
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Factfile about Wakefield Mumbler:
- Wakefield MUMbler is owned and run by local mum Heather Sweeney.
- Heather was born in Barnsley and brought up in Knaresborough. As a new mum, living in Harrogate she used the Harrogate MUMbler site to survive her first year as a parent.
- Recently moving back to Wakefield to be closer to her family, she soon missed the MUMbler website, not knowing many people, finding it difficult to connect with other local parents and struggling to find great places to visit as a family.
- She realised that there was a real need for a MUMbler in Wakefield, so she started the process of buying into the MUMbler family and became a franchisee in August 2016.
- By September 2016 the Wakefield MUMbler News Page and Chat Group on Facebook were lauched to help connect with local parents and carers. - - In October Heather also set up the Walefield MUMbler Business Network Group on Facebook to connect with other local parenting and child related businesses.
- The website launched in December 2016, following months of research and content creation.
More about Heather Sweeney of Wakefield Mumbler:
Heather is also a part-time teacher, so when she isn’t marking and planning she spends much of her free time glued to her iPhone, shamelessly overusing social media and desperately trying to be a good mum too! Running the mumbler site does lead to some exciting family adventures, which make up for the time spent in the office. Heather, her husband and their mini Mumbler can often be seen handing out flyers sporting a purple Wakefield MUMbler hoodie. "I couldn't do this without the support of my husband when he isn’t working in Harrogate, keeping on top of the housework and being an awesome dad he's helping me with Mumbler- we're a team!"
How Mumbler began:
Mumbler Ltd is owned by Harrogate mum of two Sally Haslewood, and has been her third ‘baby’ since launching the website in November 2012.
Familiar with the town, but unfamiliar with it’s parenting community Sally saw a gap in the market and Mumbler was born. Initially as a Facebook chat group in 2011 it’s popularity rapidly grew and saw the launch of the Harrogate Mumbler website in 2012, the first Mumbler Awards in 2013 and the first franchised site in Hull in 2014.
Mumbler is now available as the ultimate local parenting on-line community other locations including York, Leeds, Hull & East Riding, Doncaster, Ripon & Nidderdale, Stockport, and Stratford upon Avon, with several other sites due to launch in coming months.